What is a hollow fiber ultrafiltration membrane?
Hollow fiber ultrafiltration membrane
Separation principle and characteristics
Ultrafiltration technology is the selective separation of substances through the microporous structure of the membrane surface. When the liquid mixture flows through the membrane surface under a certain pressure, small molecular solutes permeate the membrane (called ultrafiltrate), while macromolecular substances are retained, so that the concentration of macromolecules in the original solution gradually increases (called concentrated solution). To achieve the purpose of separation, concentration and purification of large and small molecules.
The hollow fiber ultrafiltration membrane module has the characteristics of high packing density, simple structure, convenient operation, etc. The separation process is normal temperature operation, no phase change, energy saving, and no secondary pollution.
The separation system is generally dynamic filtration, which can effectively prevent or reduce the deposition of the retentate on the membrane surface and maintain a high filtrate permeation. The removal of deposits on the membrane surface and the recovery of membrane flux can be done in two ways, forward cleaning and reverse cleaning, or online cleaning. The cleaning fluid is generally water or filtrate, and chemicals can also be added to improve the cleaning effect.
Hollow fiber components must be used and stored in a wet state. When it is not used for a long time, it should be stored with 0.5% formaldehyde or sodium hypochlorite aqueous solution.
The membrane device system can be sterilized with aqueous solutions such as hydrogen peroxide, sodium hypochlorite, and sodium hydroxide.
Application examples Membrane application fields
- GMP-compliant water treatment equipment in the pharmaceutical industry
- Reclaimed water treatment equipment
- Reverse osmosis pure water equipment
- Hollow fiber ultrafiltration membrane
- Fish farm water treatment equipment
Application field of membrane
Membrane separation technology is generally welcomed by users for its remarkable energy-saving effect, simple equipment, convenient operation and easy control. Select the appropriate membrane separation process, which can replace drum vacuum filtration, plate and frame filter press, ion exchange, centrifugal separation, solvent extraction, electrostatic dust removal, bag filtration, adsorption/regeneration, flocculation/copolymerization, decantation/precipitation, evaporation , Crystallization and other traditional separation and filtration methods.
The membrane separation process not only provides an extremely simple and effective way for the purification of water and air, but also it can be applied in the production process to improve the product recovery rate. Thus, while increasing benefits, it reduces the loss of products in wastewater/exhaust gas, and meets the requirements and specifications of clean production processes.
Membrane separation technology can be widely used in the water treatment industry:
- Water treatment
- Preparation of pure drinking water (space water)
- Preparation of water for injection/washing bottle and other sterile water in the pharmaceutical industry
- Preparation of ultrapure water in the electronics industry
- Preparation of boiler make-up water in thermal power plant
- Preparation of product formulation water in beverage and cosmetic industry
- Preparation of terminal washing water in manufacturing
- Drinking water purification / matrine water desalination / seawater desalination
- Wastewater recycling and recycling (zero discharge)
- Minimization of BOD/COD
- Concentration treatment of seepage water from landfill
- Dye, pigment, paint, oily wastewater treatment
- Treatment of pulp and papermaking wastewater and recovery of lignosulfonate
- Treatment of wastewater from metals, food, leather, pesticides and herbicides
- Treatment of textile printing and dyeing wastewater and recycling of mercerizing wastewater
Research on the development of microporous polyethylene hollow fiber and its hydrophilic modification. Through the tracking and investigation of the technology of preparing polyolefin hollow fiber microporous membranes by stretching methods at home and abroad, combined with the specific conditions of this experiment, the equipment was first modified, the spinning assembly for membrane production was designed and manufactured, and the cooling forming device was improved. Using continuous stretching equipment and technology, a polyethylene hollow fiber membrane with good air permeability has been developed. After hydrophilic treatment, a hydrophilic membrane with good water permeability has been obtained, which can be used in water purification treatment and sewage treatment, Processes such as gas absorption and flow separation. The success of this research has laid the foundation for the further development of hydrophilic dry polyolefin hollow fiber membranes. Although it is currently difficult to achieve this innovation due to the limitations of equipment and raw materials, the development of large pores, high porosity, and The polyolefin hollow fiber microporous membrane with large water permeability and stable hydrophilicity is still an important development direction in the field of membrane technology.