How water pollution is caused and the types of water pollution
How is water pollution caused?
1. Water pollution
Many industrial heavy metals, bleaching and dyeing agents, agricultural fertilizers, etc. are discharged directly into the sea and into the river without treatment.
2. Secondary pollution of water
The current drinking water treatment method is to add additional chlorine, fluorine and lime to control the growth of bacteria, but undoubtedly makes the drinking water polluted by more chemicals
Water storage tanks in high-rise buildings are breeding grounds for bacteria and moss
In addition, rusty water pipes are also one of the main causes of pollution.
3. The pressure of the pipeline
Huge pressure destroys the structure of water molecules, pressing small groups of water molecules into large groups of water molecules, thereby greatly reducing the natural self-purification and dissolution capacity of water.
4. The global cycle of water
Water-evaporation-atmospheric transport-rainfall leakage-groundwater. Contaminated water will affect every place in the world with the flow of evaporation, precipitation, surface and underground. The water we drink contains more than 100 different chemicals on average, and most of them are not caused by local pollution. It cannot be said that a certain area looks clean and there is no pollution.
The water molecule itself has a “spin” phenomenon. Neutrons and protons rotate around the core, just like a planet rotates. Because of the Earth’s magnetic field, the water molecule receives the energy supplemented by the earth. The potential around the water molecule is negative. Mutual repulsion to form a “stirring” into fresh spring water, to achieve self-purification. Due to the severe shortage of freshwater resources and excessive exploitation, the water quality can no longer be as good as spring water.
Types of water pollution
1. Sensory pollution of water
- Color changes. Natural water is colorless and transparent. When the water body is contaminated, the color of the water can change, thereby affecting the senses. For example, the pollution of printing and dyeing wastewater often makes the water color red, and the pollution of oil refining wastewater can make the water color black and brown, and so on. The change of water color not only affects the senses, destroys the scenery, but also is difficult to deal with
- Turbidity changes. The water body contains suspended solids and colloids of sediment, organic matter and inorganic substances, which causes turbidity, which reduces the transparency of the water and affects the senses and even the life of aquatic organisms.
- Bubbles. Many pollutants discharged into the water will produce foam, such as detergent. Foam floating on the water surface not only affects the look and feel, but also inhabits bacteria in its pores, causing pollution of domestic water.
- Stink. Odor in water is a common phenomenon of pollution. Water odors are mostly organic matter that is spoiled and odorous in the state of anger. It is a comprehensive odor with obvious sewer odor. The harmfulness of malodor is to hold people’s breath, nausea, aquatic products are inedible, and the water body loses its tourism function.
2. Organic pollution of water
Mainly refers to the pollution caused by the discharge of wastewater containing large amounts of organic matter from urban sewage, food industry and paper industry. These pollutants need to consume a large amount of dissolved oxygen in the process of biological oxidative decomposition in water. Once the oxygen supply in the water body is insufficient, the oxidation will stop, causing the anaerobic fermentation of organic matter, emitting odor, polluting the environment and poisoning aquatic organisms.
3. Inorganic water pollution
Refers to the pollution of water by acids, alkalis and inorganic salts. The first is to change the pH of the water, destroy its natural buffering effect, inhibit the growth of microorganisms, and hinder the self-purification of the water body. At the same time, it will increase the hardness of inorganic salts and water in water, which will adversely affect industrial and domestic water.
4. Pollution of toxic substances in water
When all kinds of toxic substances enter the water body, they will kill the aquatic organisms at high concentrations; at low concentrations, they can be enriched in the organisms and concentrated step by step through the food chain, finally affecting the human body.
5. Eutrophic pollution of water
Entering the water body with wastewater containing plant nutrients will cause eutrophication of the water body, cause the algae to multiply, and consume a large amount of dissolved oxygen in the water, thereby causing suffocation and death of fish and the like.
6. Water body oil pollution
Coastal and estuary oil development, oil tanker transportation, and oil refining industrial wastewater discharges cause oil pollution in water bodies. When oil forms an oil film on the water surface, it affects oxygen into the water body and causes harm to organisms. In addition, oil pollution also destroys beach resorts, scenic spots and bird survival.
7. Thermal pollution of water
The cooling water of thermal power plants is the main source of thermal pollution. This kind of waste water is discharged directly into the natural water body, which can cause the temperature of the water to rise, reduce the dissolved oxygen in the water, and increase the toxicity of certain poisons in the water. Increased water temperature has the greatest impact on fish, which can cause fish population changes and death.
8. Pathogen microorganism pollution of water body
Domestic sewage, hospital sewage and slaughtered meat processing and other sewage contain various types of viruses, bacteria, parasites and other pathogenic microorganisms, which will spread various diseases into the water body.
9. Radioactive pollution of water
Refers to pollution caused by radioactive materials entering water bodies. Radioactive materials mainly come from nuclear reaction waste. Radioactive contamination can cause biological distortion, destroy the genetic structure of organisms and cause cancer. Nuclear material has a long lifetime and cannot be processed.